Friday, June 17, 2011

Hidden Dialogs Pt.1 Time to Win mixtape 11/17/08

Now I know there are very few people who remember this particular project of mine. This mixtape was the first project I ever put together where it involved professional studio recording. The theme "Time to Win" for the mixtape was fit for many reasons in that occasion. First, it was originally used as a way of saying, "time to do music alot more seriously" or "time to show the world what you can do". During that time I was heavy into Xbox live and specifically the Halo series. The majority of my time was dedicated towards school, music, and video games. During that time, I really didn't have too many people interested in the music I was doing so I would get discouraged easily and would work at the slower pace. At the same time, my longtime partner, Mic Jack was always there and was eager to release new material whenever we were able to record. Even though we would always be ready to record new tracks like we usually do, I always felt that there's was something missing. It could have been the originally at the time, lyrical content and/or delivery that was expressed wasn't matured enough. After we ended up finishing up the mixtape, oh course we were happy about the result because it was a first project we ever did in a studio. With every project, there was always good and bad feedback. Normally, we would get more good feedback then bad. Since this was our first professional piece of music, we received harder critics. Some individuals felt like the mixtape was rushed and not very planned out. Others felt that the delivery of the words were jumbled up and certain parts weren't mixed very well. While dealing with a 50/50 like or not like balance, I would take my aggressions constructively in video games. in May 2008, I met a person that was one of the leaders of a gaming community which had about 1000 members. After about 2 weeks, he was finally able to convince me to join the gaming community. At first I was just the typical member that posted on forum boards, play games with members and just chill really but as usual, the door of opportunity was knocking toward me; A leadership position. I was given a leadership position in the gaming community to watch and teach other member strategies about Halo 3. The more I was around them, it went from them being called members to being called friends and family. I would have to say to the person that influenced me to go through with it is a big thank you. If you haven't walked up to me with such a strong form of persistence and confidence, I would never have this feeling of being so appreciated. During those days, the person who recruited me, called "vegeta" found out that I was a rapper. He was first saying that he loved the music i was putting out and spread the word around the clan about my music. Throughout time, more and more gamers were interested with the previous work I just released. I can honestly say that, even though I had different motives for my music, these past moments inspired me to go for the impossible, the make an Album professionally.  

No comments:

Post a Comment